Monday, January 10, 2011

Wet n Wild Swatches and Better Pictures

Hey there lovelies!
Today we've got swatches! YAY! :D
I know that I always love seeing what I'm getting myself into before I make a purchase, so hopefully this can help you make a decision on 2 of the new Wet n Wild palettes. I have, what I consider to be, probably the 2 most neutral palettes out of the bunch. But that's just what I like to wear! If you would like to see my pictures of the other palettes available you can check out my "Look What I Found at Walgreens" post here.
Anyway, on to what we all came for! The two palettes that I own (so far) are "I'm Getting Sunburned" and "Silent Treatment"
I feel like both of these could easily be used to go from a day look to a night look, and with how portable the palettes are, it would be nothing to toss one of these babies in your purse and take it with you!
For the first contestant, we have I'm Getting Sunburned.


HOLY PIGMENTATION BATMAN! I could NOT believe my eyes when I first put on this eyeshadow. I mean, this seriously has better color pay off than some of my high end shadows! Why would I ever pay more for eyeshadow again? These colors are so pigmented and they blend so well. I put the brown shade from the Sugar Plum Fairy LE palette that was a NARS dupe for comparison. I originally thought that the crease shade from "Silent Treatment" was a dupe, but as you can see, I think we have found our dupe for that color.
I seriously had to put my crease brush in this shadow one time in order to get enough shadow to have my crease look fantastic. They blend together perfectly in my opinion. Not to hard and not so easy that you are going to overblend either. I would say that in this palette, the only color that really benefits from a primer is definitely the pink highlight shade. But the texture of the gold is a little bit different on a primer. I know it's hard to see in the photo, my camera does not like the light in my apartment. I also know that it's hard to see in the brown, but there are definitely flecks of micro glitter. Do not get me wrong, this shade is NOT shimmery at all. There are just little flecks of glitter that are more bronze/copper toned and stand out a little in the light. In my opinion, all it does is add depth to the shade, and it's absolutely beautiful. I can not believe that this shade is in a $3 drugstore palette.
The final contestant for the day is the new palette in Silent Treatment.


This might be my new go to palette people. I have used this palette almost everyday since I've gotten it. The taupe shade is beautiful! It's so pigmented when used with a primer.
And on that note, I would definitely say that EVERY shade in this palette benefits from the use of a primer. When you use a primer, the colors seriously gain so much pigmentation it's not even funny. I know that it is hard to see the peach highlight on my hand, but it's a really light shade even in the palette. You can tell the effect of it on your eye, but on the hand, it loses what it was meant for. So don't just think you are getting 2 usable shades in this palette. The highlight definitely serves its purpose on the eye.
I also put the Sugar Plum Fairy shade next to this crease shade for comparison. The Sugar Plum Fairy shade is a lot warmer. I would say that the crease shade in the Silent Treatment trio leans more towards black, but the flecks of red-ish micro glitter really make it look like any other black I have found in the drugstore. The words red and micro glitter combined might scare you. Don't let it! This shade is extremely wearable! The glitter only shows up in light, and again, only adds to the shade, and is definitely safe for work.
The primer I used was NYX Eyeshadow Base in ESB 03. Pretty much just a beige skin tone.
I would definitely suggest that if you are thinking about purchasing only one of the new palettes, go with Silent Treatment. All the colors are just so gorgeous, and I will most definitely be repurchasing this again and again and again. You honestly have the ability to go straight from day to night with this palette, and really, can you ask for anything more from a drugstore palette!
I hope you enjoyed the swatches and that you will follow my blog! Of course, I'm just starting out, so if you have any suggestions, I would love comments or suggestions!
Thanks everyone and stay gorgeous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment