Thursday, January 6, 2011

Clearance Sale Extravaganza!!! (In other words HAUL)

Unless you have been under a rock for the past couple of weeks, I'm sure you have heard about the CVS Clearance Sale going on at CVS right now! And what a sale it is! We are talking about 50%-75% off TONS of beauty products from lines like Physicians Formula to Covergirl. Unfortunately the beauty goddesses have chosen not to grace us with all products being marked down, but the lovely G of nouveaucheap has compiled a list of all the products that her readers have tried and been successful on receiving the discount on. You can find the link to that list (and I will warn you, it's MASSIVE) here.
I personally have visited 2 different CVS locations and had a lot of luck. They had most of the products I wanted, so I was definitely pretty lucky. I will say this though, if you go and you do NOT see the products on this list marked down with a sticker, go to the coupon/price scanner and scan them. Unless for some reason your CVS is not participating in this sale, then you should be good to go and they should ring up at the discounted price!
I have some pictures of my haul. They were taken at 2 different locations, and neither one of them has everything that I purchased in one photo, but both of them together give you a good idea. I am actually packed up to go back to school, which is why neither one of them has all the items. However, I will give you a run down of what I purchased under the photo. Overall I would say I spent about $70 and saved over $200! You read that right, I saved over $200. This sale is no joke people, so get there as quick as you can, because you won't regret it!
You will also see a few products from Victoria's Secret (which I lovingly refer to as Vicky's), Bath and Body Works (thank you semi-annual sale!) and one product from Wal-Mart, which I still can't believe I found there.
Haul Picture #1

In this photo:
*Physicians Formula Organic Wear Loose Powder (I am currently testing this against my Clinique loose powder, and I will update when I have a solid opinion of it)
*HiP Duos (both of these sets have fantastic pigmentation, I am loving them both!)
*Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Raspberry Bite
*Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Mauve
*Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips for Hazel Eyes (I am loving these! I might go back and get another set before the sale ends!)
*Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow and Firecracker
*Rimmel Lasting Finish in Airy Fairy (Finally got on the bandwagon for this color, and now I can see why everyone likes it)
*Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blazing Blue, Jumpin' Jade, and Rose a go-go (I got this one in a two pack with the clear coat)
Haul Picture #2

In this picture (only what has been added):
*The socks are from bath and body works, they are infused with Shea Butter and Aloe, and boy are they amazing!
*Exotic Coconut body spray also from bath and body works
*Caribbean Salsa Wallflower
*Revlon Fantasy Length lashes in Defining
*Ardell "Sweetie" Lashes
*Revlon Age Defying Eye Concealer (hey, prevention is key!)
*Physicians Formula Felt Tip Eyeliner
*Victoria's Secret Silky Eyeshadow
*Sally Hansen Carmindy Cream Blush in Rosy
*Victoria's Secret Midnight Glamour in Starlit, this is a highlighting powder, I'm still making my decision on this one, and I will update when I get a more firm opinion
*Victoria's Secret Matte Lipstick in Breathe (really pretty matte lipstick, will review more later)
*Britney Spears Fantasy Perfume (wow, I'm surprised by the fact that I love this!)
*Britney Spears Fantasy Circus Perfume (again, amazed, but it smells awesome!)
*The far right is a massage "tool" that I got from Bath and Body works, I will say though, this thing is pretty low in quality. My boyfriend dropped in on the floor and it broke in half! I tried returning it and bath and body works in my area wouldn't take it, so I would suggest don't even pay the $2 for it and save your money!
The Last Haul Picture

This just to show you the gift set I got the Fantasy Circus in. It was originally $20, but it was 50% off after Christmas! Hit this sale up ladies! :)
And finally, what I couldn't believe I found, Ed Hardy, Love Kills Slowly, in Wal-Mart! Yes! Wal-mart! I still can't believe it. It's not much of a mark down off the 1 oz price, but hey every little bit counts! Normally, I wouldn't even pay this much for perfume, but I love this perfume, and I had a $25 gift card, so you can guess what it went for!

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and that you have success in all your makeup hunting adventures!
I will definitely be bringing more reviews and hopefully some tutorials after I get a chance to try out all my lovely new makeup!
Happy shopping! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment